The Allis-Chalmers Company was formed by the merger of the Edward P. Allis Company, Fraser and Chalmers Company, Gates Iron Works, and Dickson Manufacturing Company. Financial difficulties led to a reorganization in 1914. The newly renamed Allis-Chalmers Manufacturing Company entered the farm machinery business and introduced the 10-18, its first tractor. Allis-Chalmers had great success starting in the 1930s with the WC and the small farm B and C. In 1985, the farm equipment operations were sold to Klockner-Humboldt-Deutz of Germany. Tractor production continued under the Deutz Allis name until 1989, when the company was sold and renamed AGCO. AGCO continues to manufactured tractors under the AGCO Allis brand until 2001, when the name was dropped.
Unofficial Allis - Company history, serial numbers, and parts information