Eagle Manufacturing of Appleton, Wisconsin produced tractors from the early 1900s until 1938. Eagle built large two-cylinder gasoline tractors with their own engines until 1930. Market pressures forced Eagle to switch to smaller tractors using outsourced engines, but the company was unable to compete. Tractor production ended in 1938 and Eagle was sold to the Four Wheel Drive Auto Company (FWD), now Seagrave Apparatus; a fire truck manufacturer.
Eagle history - from Dave Preuhs