Huber manufactured farm tractors in Marion, Ohio until World War II. Huber was founded in 1865 and built steam engines and farm implements. Huber first adapted a gasoline engine to a steam tractor chassis in 1898 and began building a full line of gas tractors in 1911. Huber was directed to stop tractor production during World War II, focusing on construction equipment. Huber was sold in the 1960s and the Marion factory was closed in 1977.